Valentine’s Day is celebrated every year. As we all know, different people have absolutely different views as to what the 14th of February stands for. In recent times, people believe it’s a day the chocolate factories make a lot of money , because people tend to patronise them .
As a lover of Valentine’s Day, here are 10 facts you probably didn’t know about Valentine’s Day;
DID YOU KNOW ;
1)About 1 billion Valentine’s Day card are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year.
2) Single people can also celebrate Singles Awareness Day (SAD). You don’t have to stay gloomy because you don’t have a spouse on Valentine’s.
3) In Finland , Valentine’s Day is called ystavanpalva which translates into ” friend’s day” . It is more about remembering your buddies than your loved ones.
4) Girls of medieval times ate bizarre foods on this day to make them dream of their future spouse.
5) In the middle ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their valentine? They would wear this name pinned onto their sleeves for one week for everyone to see.
6) More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold.
7) 73% of people who buy flowers on this day are men, while 27% are women.
8) Over $1 billion worth of chocolate is purchased on this romantic day in the U.S
9) 15% of U.S women send themselves flowers on Valentine’s Day.
10) The red rose was the favourite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love.
Dear readers and customers, we have decided to also be inclined with the spirit of Valentine, I bring to you our Valentine’s giveaway. Stay glued to our instagram page @almlgroup for more info on how to participate in the giveaway contest.